Josh McDaniels explains why he believes Cam Newton will be better in Year 2 with the Patriots

Thảo luận trong 'Kinh Nghiệm - Kiến Thức' bắt đầu bởi ymakerpi8d, 27/6/23.

?

Josh McDaniels explains why he believes Cam Newton will be better in Year 2 with the Patri

1. Josh McDaniels explains why he believes Cam Newton will be better in Year 2 with the Patri

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Josh McDaniels explains why he believes Cam Newton will be better in Year 2 with the Patri

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ymakerpi8d

ymakerpi8d Member

It's not out of bounds to say that first season in New England wasn't what he or the were hoping for when the club signed him last summer. While he was able to be a threat with his legs, the pa sing attack under Newton's lead was subpar, throwing for more interceptions (10) than touchdowns (8). The Patriots also limped to a 7-9 record and mi sed the playoffs for Luke Schenn Women Jersey the first time since 2008.Despite those struggles, however, Bill Belichick and the rest of the Patriots coaching staff stood by Newton throughout the year. That loyalty bled into the offseason when the team re-signed him right before the start of the new league year. That move to bring Newton back under the tent was just another sign of the team's confidence in him. Now, they're hoping that is rewarded with a more consistent quarterback in 2021. By what offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels said of Newton on Wednesday and what he's seen in camp thus far, he does seem poised to bounce back Mario Kempe Men Jersey in Year 2 in the Patriots' system. "He just knows much more about we're doing," said McDaniels, via . "It's a lot le s new learning everyday, more repetition of things he already understands. That would be true for I think every player I have ever coached in their second year in our system. Things slow down. Things make more sense. There were things I was telling him to do last year Michael Stone Jersey that he didn't quite understand, but I was telling him, 'Hey, do it this way. Try and do it that way. ... He was trying to do everything I said. Now, he actually understands the why on most things."That is really the goal Jordan Martinook Men Jersey for the quarterbacks when you're out there trying to read defenses on a play-to-play basis, if you don't understand why we're doing something or why you're supposed to make the protection slide here or there, it's a tough position to play. The game has slowed down for him. The offense makes a lot of sense. Like I said, there's a lot le s new learning for him." It also helps that Newton is going through a much more traditional offseason than when he arrived last year. On top of signing late, Newton's first summer with the Patriots was met with limited practice time and a canceled preseason due to the COVID-19 pandemic. That's also not mentioning the quarterback contracting COVID-19 in the midst of the Jason Demers Men Jersey season, further curtailing his first year in the system. Now, a year of knowledge within the offense and a stable offseason should give Newton a better foundation heading into 2021, so long as he beats out first-round rookie Mac Jones for the Week 1 job.
    Click here Click here Click here

trang này